Late Models (Classic)
From Emo Speedway Wiki
Late Models (Classic) is the main class that was run during the 1960s, 1970s, as well as the early 1980s at the Emo Speedway. It was the only class run on a weekly basis at the track until 1971, when the Hobby Stocks were added to the program. They were usually considered to be called Semi-Late Models as well.
The cars during this era ranged from the 1930s to the 1950s. The rules for the engine were quite open and ranged from straight 6s to V8s. There were several rule changes throughout its time.
Past Track Champions
- 1973 #13 Al Weir (International Falls, Minnesota)
- 1972 #33 George Oltsher (Barwick, Ontario)
- 1971 #36 Larry Long (International Falls, Minnesota)
- 1970 #33 George Oltsher
- 1969 #38 Mike Andrusco (Fort Frances, Ontario)
- 1968 #33 George Oltsher
- 1967 #54 Larry Kennedy (International Falls, Minnesota)
- 1966 Currently Unknown